Tips and Tricks to Beat Austin’s Cedar Fever
If you suffer from cedar here in Central Texas, here are some preventative tips that can make a huge difference.
- Keep your windows and doors closed.
- If you spend any time outdoors, bathe and if necessary wash your hair to remove all the cedar pollen and allergens.
- Remove shoes, sweaters and coats when you come inside. The pollen may be all over them.
- Rinse your sinuses out daily with a Neti pot to reduce exposure.
- Launder pillowcases frequently because pollen can collect in hair and be transferred to pillowcases to be breathed in throughout the night.
- Use an air purifier.
- Because bees don’t pollinate mountain cedar trees, local honey won’t help.
- Get acupuncture to boost your immune system and manage symptoms.
May all of you who experience cedar fever symptoms be blessed with relief this year!