The Paleo Diet really can be tailored to your specific needs, as long as the basics of no refined sugars, grains, dairy and processed foods are adhered to. Here is a quick primer on the Do’s and Don’ts of eating Paleo. Need more information or want to know if a specific food is okay? Visit the Ultimate Paleo Guide’s food list.
- Seasonal fresh vegetables, of every color
- Grass-fed meats
- Fish and seafood
- Fresh fruits
- Healthy oils (olive, walnut, flaxseed, macadamia, avocado, coconut)
- Gluten found mainly in wheat and cereal grains
- Legumes (including peanuts)
- Refined sugar
- Processed foods
- Overly salty foods
- Refined vegetable oils like safflower, canola and sunflower
- Candy and processed foods
Please remember that some Paleo eaters choose to eat potatoes, dairy, and alcohol (wine) in limited quantities to make the diet work better for them. It’s about enjoying your food and listening to your body while getting healthy at the same time!